Main accused arrested
Srinagar: Tourist Police Srinagar busted a fake travel agency and arrested the main accused after receiving several complaints from the tourists.
On 20th of November 2015, an FIR number 01/2015 under section 2/32 Tourist Trade Act and 420 RPC was registered in Police Station TRC, Srinagar, against the travel agency under the name and style of “Sameer Tour & Travels” run under a fake name Sameer Ahmed Bhat son of Assad-ul-lah Bhat resident of 82-Balgarden, Srinagar, as the said travel agency had duped several tourists by promising them fake tour packages.
During preliminary investigation of the case, it came to light that the accused had opened a fake bank account in Union Bank of India, Court Road Srinagar by using fake identity in the name of Sameer Ahmed Bhat son of Assad-ul-lah Bhat resident of 82-Balgarden Srinagar. The accused had also developed a fake website www.kashmirturismbooking.in and obtained three sim cards of BSNL and Vodafone on fake documents.
During further investigation under the supervision of SP Enforcement, Shri Abdul Qayoom and Inspector Suhail Rasool, SHO Police Station TRC, Srinagar, the main accused Umar Shah son of Ghulam Muhammad Shah resident of Kakowthal Kreeri, Baramulla was arrested. An amount of Rs 1.25 Lac, 01 Laptop, 01 smart phone, electoral cards and some documents, which were used by the accused in making fake travel agency and developing fake website, were recovered from his possession. A case FIR number 01/15 under section 465, 468, 201 RPC and 71, 74 IT Act was registered against the accused and investigation was taken up.
The accused was arrested and sent to Central Jail on judicial remand.
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
SRINAGAR, OCTOBER 12, 2015 - Chief Minister, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, will chair the meeting of State Advisory Board for Pahari-speaking people on Oc...
Alirajpur (MP): Two 'chadars' placed at separate 'dargahs' (mausoleums) were today found burnt in the town here, which is part ...