Rail Communication Agreement Extended Between India, Pakistan
The Agreement between India and Pakistan relating to Rail Communication has been extended by mutual consent through diplomatic channels for the period of three years.
The agreement has been extended from January 19, 2016 to January 18, 2019, a statement issued by the Ministry of External Affairs said.
The Agreement, signed on June 28, 1976, enables India-Pakistan rail communication both in respect of goods and passenger traffic.
Currently, passenger and goods traffic operates on Delhi Lahore route via Attari Wagah, and passenger traffic between Jodhpur and Karachi via Munabao Khokhrapar. (Agencies)
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
Jammu: National Conference on Monday sought judicial probe by a sitting High Court Judge into the killing of Ishtiyaq Choudhry, a youth leader of K...
The White House has pressed Chinese President Xi Jinping to expand his non-militarisation pledge to cover the entire South China Sea, despite Beiji...
Islamabad: Pakistan on Wednesday officially confirmed to India that its Prime Ministers Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz would attend a global c...