‘Quick Swearing-In Of Mehbooba A Constitutional Obligation’
A constitutional crisis in Jammu and Kashmir will be averted if Mehbooba Mufti is quickly sworn in as the new chief minister, reports quoting constitutional expert said on Friday.
As per experts if Peoples Democratic Party president and Sayeed's daughter Mehbooba Mufti insists on not taking oath till the end of mourning days as per traditions, Governor N.N. Vohra will have no option but to impose a short spell of governor's rule.
Under the J&K constitution, the governor can assume the reins of the state for six months in case of a constitutional crisis whereas President's rule is imposed in other states in the country.
They said that when head of the council of ministers (chief minister) in the state ceases to exist for whatever reason, the council also ceases to exist.
Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed passed away Yesterday morning. (Agencies)
- Watch | Exclusive Talk With Senior Congress Leader Said Ud Din Soz
- Police Seeks Help To Trace Missing Minor Girl
- Two Killed, 4 Injured As Vehicle Rolls Down Into Deep Gorge At Sinthan Top
- Srinagar Police Seeks Help To Identify Accused Involved In Theft Case
- Watch | Mela Kheer Bhawani Celebrated With Religious Fervour, Gaiety
- Watch | Tral Gunfight : 3 JeM Militants Killed, 4 Army Soldiers Among 5 Injured