‘Quick Swearing-In Of Mehbooba A Constitutional Obligation’
A constitutional crisis in Jammu and Kashmir will be averted if Mehbooba Mufti is quickly sworn in as the new chief minister, reports quoting constitutional expert said on Friday.
As per experts if Peoples Democratic Party president and Sayeed's daughter Mehbooba Mufti insists on not taking oath till the end of mourning days as per traditions, Governor N.N. Vohra will have no option but to impose a short spell of governor's rule.
Under the J&K constitution, the governor can assume the reins of the state for six months in case of a constitutional crisis whereas President's rule is imposed in other states in the country.
They said that when head of the council of ministers (chief minister) in the state ceases to exist for whatever reason, the council also ceases to exist.
Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed passed away Yesterday morning. (Agencies)
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Shopian Killings
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
A 55-year-old woman died after falling from the upper storey of her house while trying to escape a monkey attack, police said today. Lila...
China today defended its decision to once again block India's bid at the UN to ban Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar, saying that it acts on such is...
Operation against the militants is in progress in few villages around Awantipora area in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district, official sources s...