PM Inaugurates Phase-II of Baglihar Power Project in Ramban
Ramban: Launching the 450 MW Baglihar Hydro Electric Project Stage-II here, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday underlined the importance of 'bijali', 'sadak' and 'paani' (electricity, road and water) for development.
"A society having all these three basic infrastructures crosses the zenith of development," he said.
Underlining the importance of power generation from natural resources, the Prime Minister said, "At a time when the entire world is grappling with the problem of global warming and working to save glaciers – our natural resource of potable water – from diminishing, hydro, solar and wind electric generation are important to the future of the mankind.
Stating that his goal is to take electricity to 18,000 villages in 1000 days, Prime Minister Modi said, "I have announced a package of Rs.80,000 crore for J&K, and with this package, we wish to use solar energy plant to generate electricity in Leh and Ladakh." (Agencies)
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed for traffic for the fourth consecutive day today even as operations to clear the debris from lands...
Varanasi: Marking a new chapter in centuries-old ties between India and Japan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe...