PM Inaugurates Phase-II of Baglihar Power Project in Ramban
Ramban: Launching the 450 MW Baglihar Hydro Electric Project Stage-II here, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday underlined the importance of 'bijali', 'sadak' and 'paani' (electricity, road and water) for development.
"A society having all these three basic infrastructures crosses the zenith of development," he said.
Underlining the importance of power generation from natural resources, the Prime Minister said, "At a time when the entire world is grappling with the problem of global warming and working to save glaciers – our natural resource of potable water – from diminishing, hydro, solar and wind electric generation are important to the future of the mankind.
Stating that his goal is to take electricity to 18,000 villages in 1000 days, Prime Minister Modi said, "I have announced a package of Rs.80,000 crore for J&K, and with this package, we wish to use solar energy plant to generate electricity in Leh and Ladakh." (Agencies)
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation