PDP Hopes PM Sings Tunes of Communal Harmony in Srinagar
Srinagar: As Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a “historical” rally in Srinagar on November 7, Peoples Democratic Party is expecting that a message of communal harmony will go from here to rest of the country which has seen “trouble on communal lines” in recent past.
“Let the venue of Sher-i-Kashmir Cricket Stadium from where (former PM Atal Bihari) Vajpayee sahab has made a historical beginning viz-a-viz Kashmir be the place from Prime Minister Modi gives a message of communal harmony to those who have created trouble in rest of the country,” government spokesman and senior PDP leader Nayeem Akhter told KNS. “For that we have to create such an atmosphere in Kashmir, so that PM makes a reaches out.”
Akhter said that the seeds of peace which is seen in Kashmir or between Indian and Pakistan were sown in 2003, but said no headway was made in past 10 years in this regard. “Now we hope that PM Modi, who has a vast support of people of country, can make a new beginning of peace of prosperity in the region,” he said.
Akhter added that Srinagar can once again become a special place for any Prime Minister after Vajpayee to repeat history by announcing a dialogue on Kashmir with both inyternal and external stakeholders. “We have to become inclusive by taking everybody on board and have to address Pakistan,” he said. (KNS)
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
A 22-year-old woman who had given birth to a child recently, was allegedly sexually assaulted in the ICU of a private hospital at Bahadurgarh in Ha...
Rajouri: Stressing the need for adopting pragmatic and innovative approach towards development, Minister for Education, Naeem Akhtar today ask...
“It is not the aim of government to slap PSA on anybody but sometimes situation compels” Srinagar: The PDP-BJP coalition ...