Pampore Encounter: Army Captain Killed In Firing
A para captain of army was killed in fresh firing at Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI) building where an encounter is underway since yesterday evening, police sources said.
Two CRPF troopers and a civilian died last night while nine other troopers were injured in the firefight that erupted when militants attacked the building after attacking a convoy of the paramilitary forces on the highway in Pampore area of Kashmir region.
“Eleven CRPF troopers travelling in the bus were injured in the attack. Two of the injured troopers identified as head constable G.D. Bhola Prasad of the 144 Battalion and constable-driver R.K. Raina of the 79 Battalion succumbed to their injuries while other injured are being treated in the hospital,” said an official.(Agencies)
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
Three persons who had gone missing from north Kashmir's Kupwara district last month are believed to have crossed over to Pakistan-administered...
Indian Army’s 10 Garhwal Maratha Infantry and 2 Sikhs in a pre-dawn swoop on Police Control Room (PCR) Srinagar on 28 April 1993, after breaking outer...