Pakistan Court Sends 3 Pathankot Attack Suspects To Custody
A Pakistani anti-terrorism court remanded in custody three men suspected of involvement in the Pathankot airbase attack in India's Punjab state, media reports said.
Judge Bushra Zaman on Saturday granted six-day physical custody of the suspects to the counter-terrorism department (CTD) of Punjab province in Pakistan, Dawn online reported.
The suspects were arrested from a rented house over suspicion of facilitating the January 2 attack in Pathankot airbase, merely 55 km from Pakistan border.
Suspects Khalid Mahmood, Irshadul Haque and Muhammad Shoaib denied charges and were shifted to an undisclosed location for investigation.
The attack left seven Indian security personnel killed. All six gunmen were also killed in the attack on the airbase.(Agencies)
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation