New Delhi Spent Rs 1660 cr to Rehabilitate Kashmiri Migrants
An amount of Rs 1663.92 crore has been incurred on relief and rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants till September this year under Security Related Expenditure (SRE) of Home Ministry, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
The expenditure incurred by the Jammu and Kashmir government on relief and rehabilitation of the migrants is being reimbursed by the Home Ministry under SRE (Relief and Rehabilitation), Minister of State for Home Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said while giving details of packages of the Government from time to time for Kashmiri migrants, who left the Valley with the onset of militancy in early 1990's.
"The government has incurred a total expenditure of Rs 1663.92 crore under SRE (R&R) till September 2015 for relief and rehabilitation of the Kashmiri migrants since 1989-90," he said.
Out of this amount, Rs 155.03 crore has been incurred in 2014-15 and Rs 181.75 crore during 2015-16 till September this year, the Minister said.
There are about 62,000 registered Kashmiri migrant families in the country out of which nearly 40,000 stay in Jammu, 20,000 in Delhi and remaining 2,000 in other parts of the country.
The migrants were provided with 3,000 jobs in 2008 under which 1,963 jobs were provided by the state government out of which 1,597 have joined.
Besides this, another package of Rs 2,000 crore was announced last month under which additional 3,000 jobs will be provided to Kashmir migrants besides construction of transit accommodations in the Kashmir Valley, he said. (Agencies)
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
Srinagar: The State Institute of Education (SIE) has postponed two papers of 8th annual examinations, scheduled on October 26 and 28. As pe...
Minister for Education, Naeem Akhtar Saturday called for employing innovative methods of teaching to bring J&K’s education sector at par with glob...
Muslims in India have no inclination to resort to "ideologies and practices of violence", Vice President Hamid Ansari said today, as he offered Morocc...