Mufti favoured Talks To Resolve Kashmir Problem: Advani
Senior BJP leader L.K. Advani on Thursday said that Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed always favoured unconditional talks to resolve the Kashmir problem.
"Mufti Sayeed survived several attacks on his life by Kashmiri separatists who oppose Indian rule. He was in favour of unconditional dialogue between the governments of India and Pakistan to resolve the Kashmir problem," Advani said in a condolence message on Sayeed's death.
"His demise is a loss to the people of Jammu and Kashmir as he was very popular in the state," he added.
Advani also said that Sayeed led successfully the coalition government of the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir.
"I deeply mourn Mufti Muhammad Sayeed's passing away. May the departed soul rest in peace," he said.(Agencies)
- Kathua Rape and Murder : Kathua Students Rallied Against Communal Forces
- Unidentified Persons Snatch Service Rifle Of Bank Guard In Shopian
- Protests Seeking Justice For Kathua Girl Turn Violent In Anantnag, Seven Injured
- Body Of 28-Year-Old Man Recovered Under Mysterious Conditions In Poonch
- SPO Among Two Injured As Suspected Militants Open Fire In Shopian
- Army Officer Injured In Accidental Fire At Kupwara
- Army Porter Killed In Uri Cross-Border Shelling
- BJP Confirms Resignation Of Ganga, Lal Singh
Srinagar August 16 Five civilians were shot dead in Central and South Kashmir by Security forces since Tuesday morning. Reports said that...
AIP chief and MLA Langate Er Rasheed Saturday frequently interrupted CM Mehbooba Mufti’s speech and accused that whatsoever she was reading was “the s...