Mufti favoured Talks To Resolve Kashmir Problem: Advani
Senior BJP leader L.K. Advani on Thursday said that Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed always favoured unconditional talks to resolve the Kashmir problem.
"Mufti Sayeed survived several attacks on his life by Kashmiri separatists who oppose Indian rule. He was in favour of unconditional dialogue between the governments of India and Pakistan to resolve the Kashmir problem," Advani said in a condolence message on Sayeed's death.
"His demise is a loss to the people of Jammu and Kashmir as he was very popular in the state," he added.
Advani also said that Sayeed led successfully the coalition government of the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir.
"I deeply mourn Mufti Muhammad Sayeed's passing away. May the departed soul rest in peace," he said.(Agencies)
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
Photo: Xuhaib Maqbool New Delhi: A US-based health rights group has accused Indian security forces of excessive and indiscriminate use o...
Jammu: Hundreds of villagers today staged a protest and demanded action against a group of students who allegedly raised ''Pro-Pakistan...