New Delhi: Seeking to strengthen Indo-UK economic ties, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday left for Britain to begin his first visit to the country during which he will have a hectic schedule that will start with talks with his British counterpart David Cameron.
"Leaving for UK. I am hopeful this visit will strengthen economic ties between India and UK & bring more investment to India. #makeinindia," Modi tweeted before starting his three-day visit.
After arriving in London this afternoon, he will have talks with Cameron at 10 Downing Street. He will address a joint press conference at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) after the bilateral talks.
A brief stop to pay tributes at the Mahatma Gandhi statue in Parliament Square will be followed by speeches at the Houses of Parliament and then at the Guildhall in the financial hub of London.
His talks with Cameron will carry on at the British Prime Minister's country residence of Chequers in Buckinghamshire, where he is being hosted overnight.
On Friday, Modi returns London for a CEOs round-table which is likely to include representatives from major British companies like Rolls-Royce and Vodafone.
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
File PhotoDespite the separatists' call for shutdown, the footfall of the students returning to schools in the valley has been going up slowly,...
SVC directs for personal appearance of MD JAKFED Srinagar: State Vigilance Commission has directed personal appearance of Managing Director...
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) President Mehbooba Mufti has constituted party’s Election Board with Senior leader Ab Rehman Veeri as it...