Militants Don’t Want Kashmiri Youth Self reliant: Omar
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah on Monday hit out at militants for targeting the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI), saying the ultras don't want young Kashmiri boys and girls to stand on their feet.
"All that EDI ever did was to train young Kashmiri boys and girls to stand on their own feet and not seek government jobs. Militants don't like that!" Omar tweeted.
The militants on Monday attacked the EDI building in Pampore for the second time this year with the first attack taking place in February.
"No wonder for the 2nd time this year they have attacked the institute. They want young Kashmiris to be subservient and bitter not self-reliant," Omar added.
Two to three militants are believed to have entered into the building of EDI in the wee hours on Monday.
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
JNU students Union President Kanhaiya Kumar was arrested today in a sedition case over an event at the varsity's campus against hanging of parl...
The recent wave of tremors that have shaken the Hindu Kush regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan may have lasting impacts on the topography of areas as ...
Srinagar: After marathon deliberations, representatives of over 50 organisations working for the promotion of Kashmiri language and other area...