Militants Don’t Want Kashmiri Youth Self reliant: Omar
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah on Monday hit out at militants for targeting the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI), saying the ultras don't want young Kashmiri boys and girls to stand on their feet.
"All that EDI ever did was to train young Kashmiri boys and girls to stand on their own feet and not seek government jobs. Militants don't like that!" Omar tweeted.
The militants on Monday attacked the EDI building in Pampore for the second time this year with the first attack taking place in February.
"No wonder for the 2nd time this year they have attacked the institute. They want young Kashmiris to be subservient and bitter not self-reliant," Omar added.
Two to three militants are believed to have entered into the building of EDI in the wee hours on Monday.
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation