Amid tight security arrangements, PDP president Mehbooba Mufti and former chief minister Omar Abdullah attended the Republic Day function at Bakhshi Stadium, Srinagar on Tuesday.
Mehbooba Mufti and Omar Abdullah, both attired in the traditional Kashmir ‘pherans’ with Mehbooba wearing a headscarf were seated on either sides of the chief guest, Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir, Asghar H Samoon.
Others who attended the function included PDP leaders and former ministers, Naeem Akhtar and Haseeb A Drabu, legislators and senior police and government officers.(Agencies)
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
A team of 50 commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG) led the fight against the militants in Pathankot, a top security official said. ...
Srinagar: Minister for Education Mr. Naeem Akhtar today said that there is need for exploiting and highlighting the rich Golf potential of State to...
Srinagar: One person died two others were critically injured After a Tavera carruy8ing newspapers to Baramulla collided with the cement mixer near ...