Palghar: A 38-year-old woman was murdered by her husband, who allegedly slit her throat with a knife and thereafter himself attempted suicide at his residence in Virar here, police said today.
The incident took place last night in the Kargil Nagar locality of Virar where the couple resided with their seven-year-old son, API Arvind Kamble of Virar Police Station told PTI.
The trouble began after accused Krishna T Kadam (40) quarrelled with his wife and slit the throat of Kalpita, who bled to death on her way to the hospital, police said.
In the meele, Kadam also attacked his son Sarvakrishna with the knife and left him injured.
Subsequently, Kadam tried to end his life inflicting wounds on himself but was saved after he was admitted to a nearby hospital by neighbours.
Both father and son have been hospitalised.
Police have registered an offence under sections 302, 307 and 309 of the IPC against the accused and he is yet to be arrested.
Also, the motive behind the murder is still not known, they said adding investigations are underway.
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
All Parties Hurriyat Conference (g) Sunday rejected “internal autonomy” as a possible solution to the Kashmir dispute and reiterated his stand to cont...
A fresh avalanche warning has been issued in upper reaches in the Kashmir valley, asking people not to venture in these areas during the next 24 hrs....
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah has called for closure of NIT Srinagar for couple of week to "cool tempers" and resolution of th...