Palghar: A 38-year-old woman was murdered by her husband, who allegedly slit her throat with a knife and thereafter himself attempted suicide at his residence in Virar here, police said today.
The incident took place last night in the Kargil Nagar locality of Virar where the couple resided with their seven-year-old son, API Arvind Kamble of Virar Police Station told PTI.
The trouble began after accused Krishna T Kadam (40) quarrelled with his wife and slit the throat of Kalpita, who bled to death on her way to the hospital, police said.
In the meele, Kadam also attacked his son Sarvakrishna with the knife and left him injured.
Subsequently, Kadam tried to end his life inflicting wounds on himself but was saved after he was admitted to a nearby hospital by neighbours.
Both father and son have been hospitalised.
Police have registered an offence under sections 302, 307 and 309 of the IPC against the accused and he is yet to be arrested.
Also, the motive behind the murder is still not known, they said adding investigations are underway.
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation