A man died and four structures were damaged in three separate fire incidents in North Kashmir, police said on Monday.
Fire broke out in the shops of Ghulam Mohammad Lone son of Mohammad Akbar Lone and Bashir Ahmad Lone son of Abdul Gani Lone at Herri, Kupwara, resulting in complete damage to both the shops. In the incident an unidentified person reportedly died due to burn injuries.
Police have initiated inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC to ascertain the identity and cause of the death of a person who died in this incident.
Meanwhile, fire broke out in the joint residential house of Showkat Ahmad Khan and Abdul Qayoom Khan sons of Mohammad Ramzan Khan resident of Ashtengoo, Bandipora, resulting in damage to the house.
In another incident, fire broke out in the residential house of Mushtaq Ahmad Rather son of Late Ghulam Nabi Rather resident of Waza Mohalla Ajas, Bandipora, resulting in partial damage to the house. Fire tenders with the help of police and locals bought fire under control.
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
US Secretary of State John Kerry has urged that a ceasefire be agreed as soon as possible in Syria, during a phone conversation with Russian Foreig...
The three-judge SC bench, consisting of Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali, Justice Ijazul Ahsan and Justice Khilji Arif Hussain, adjourned the case fo...
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir High Court Tuesday directed the police to file chargesheet by the end of this month in Sadrakoot massacre of 5 Octo...