JKLF Calls For Strike On Feb 27 Against ‘Harassment’ Of Kashmiris In Delhi
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) on Monday called for a shutdown on Saturday, Feb 27 to protest against the arrest of Prof SAR Geelani and the harrassment of Kashmiri students in Delhi in wake of the JNU controversy.
A spokesman of the outfit said the call has been issued to register anger and protets over the arrest of SAR Geelani and the harassment by police of the Kashmiri students in New Delhi after the event to remember Afzal Guru was held at the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Earlier, Hurriyat (G) issued a protest programme and called for a strike on Feb 27 to denounce the alleged harassment of Kashmiris in Delhi.(Agencies)
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation