Islamic State Can Aid Infiltration into Kashmir: BSF
Ceasefire violations by Pakistan has doubled this year, and the Islamic State can help push militants into Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan, a senior BSF officer said on Thursday.
Speaking to the media, Border Security Force Inspector General Rakesh Gupta said violation of the 2003 truce by Pakistani troops on both the international border and the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir had increased by 100 percent this year as compared to last year.
He said infiltration attempts by guerrillas from Pakistan to Jammu and Kashmir had gone up by 45 percent this year.
Asked about the Islamic State terror group, the official said: "ISIS could help infiltration attempts by other terrorist groups into the state during the coming days."
The media briefing was held to announce that the BSF had bagged the top award in the Swaach Bharat campaign.(Agencies)
- Kathua Rape and Murder : Kathua Students Rallied Against Communal Forces
- Unidentified Persons Snatch Service Rifle Of Bank Guard In Shopian
- Protests Seeking Justice For Kathua Girl Turn Violent In Anantnag, Seven Injured
- Body Of 28-Year-Old Man Recovered Under Mysterious Conditions In Poonch
- SPO Among Two Injured As Suspected Militants Open Fire In Shopian
- Army Officer Injured In Accidental Fire At Kupwara
- Army Porter Killed In Uri Cross-Border Shelling
- BJP Confirms Resignation Of Ganga, Lal Singh
Pawan stress for improving digital literacy programme SRINAGAR: Minister for IT, Technical Education, Youth Services and Spo...
Urges people to register grievances, complaints on 0191-2541500 for immediate action JAMMU: Minister for Health and Medical Education, ARI ...