India on Thursday said it will extend all help to a special team Pakistan proposes to send to Pathankot to investigate the attack on the IAF base.
External affairs ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup also said that India viewed the crackdown on the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) group in Pakistan as an "important and positive first step".
"We have noted that the Pakistan government is considering to send a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the Pathankot attack," he told the media.
"We look forward to the visit of the SIT. Our investigative agencies will extend all cooperation to bring the perpetrators of the attack to justice."
India says that the six militants who attacked the Indian Air Force (IAF) station in Pathankot in Punjab on January 2, killing seven security personnel, were Pakistanis and allied to the JeM.
The spokesman welcomed Pakistan's announcement on Wednesday that JeM activists had been arrested and its offices sealed. India blames the group for the Pathankot incident.
The crackdown on the JeM was an "important and positive first step" in the move to bring to justice the Pathankot attack plotters, he said.
The spokesman noted that considerable progress had been made into the investigation into the alleged links of Pakistani militants to the attack on the IAF base.
He said India and Pakistan had agreed to reschedule the talks between their foreign secretaries which were to take place in Islamabad on Friday.(Agencies)
- Kathua Rape and Murder : Kathua Students Rallied Against Communal Forces
- Unidentified Persons Snatch Service Rifle Of Bank Guard In Shopian
- Protests Seeking Justice For Kathua Girl Turn Violent In Anantnag, Seven Injured
- Body Of 28-Year-Old Man Recovered Under Mysterious Conditions In Poonch
- SPO Among Two Injured As Suspected Militants Open Fire In Shopian
- Army Officer Injured In Accidental Fire At Kupwara
- Army Porter Killed In Uri Cross-Border Shelling
- BJP Confirms Resignation Of Ganga, Lal Singh
A complete shutdown is being observed on Monday in most parts of the Kulgam district in south Kashmir after a militant was killed in an encounter l...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday asked his ministerial colleagues and BJP leaders to refrain from chest-thumping about the "surgical ...