Chairman Hurriyat Conference (G) Syed Ali Geelani on Monday appealed the Muslims, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir, to protect the brotherhood and unity by staying away from activities that could serve the purpose of “our enemies”.
While condemning the imposition of curfew and restrictions in different areas in the state, Geelani said that the present situation in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Yemen where the people of "same religion, same faith, same community, followers of an only creator are fighting and killing one another, is the heartbreaking for every conscience Muslim and these situations give us sleepless nights."
"The entire Ummah has caught up in such a dark tunnel where no evidence of any light is seen," Geelani said.
The Hurriyat chairman said that it is not hidden now from anybody that the present situation is the "creation of anti-Islam imperialistic powers and Israel and they are making the Muslims to fight with each other in a planned manner."
Geelani also expressed his sorrow that the rulers and Ulema, who could have played an important role in changing this situation, are either working for the enemies for their personal benefits or are silent due to the fear.
He said that until the Muslims rise above the differences of Shia and Sunni and unite on the Holy Quran and the teachings of the holy Prophet (SAW), they will continue to play in the hands of the enemies and they will never come out of the present worst situations.(Agencies)
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Shopian Killings
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
Rupee strengthened by 11 paise to 68.12 against the dollar in early trade at Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the US currency by ...
The Legitimate News Accusing Zee News of creating false propaganda about Kashmir unrest, hundreds of people from Gurez Valley staged the protest demo...