Chairman Hurriyat Conference (G) Syed Ali Geelani on Monday appealed the Muslims, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir, to protect the brotherhood and unity by staying away from activities that could serve the purpose of “our enemies”.
While condemning the imposition of curfew and restrictions in different areas in the state, Geelani said that the present situation in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Yemen where the people of "same religion, same faith, same community, followers of an only creator are fighting and killing one another, is the heartbreaking for every conscience Muslim and these situations give us sleepless nights."
"The entire Ummah has caught up in such a dark tunnel where no evidence of any light is seen," Geelani said.
The Hurriyat chairman said that it is not hidden now from anybody that the present situation is the "creation of anti-Islam imperialistic powers and Israel and they are making the Muslims to fight with each other in a planned manner."
Geelani also expressed his sorrow that the rulers and Ulema, who could have played an important role in changing this situation, are either working for the enemies for their personal benefits or are silent due to the fear.
He said that until the Muslims rise above the differences of Shia and Sunni and unite on the Holy Quran and the teachings of the holy Prophet (SAW), they will continue to play in the hands of the enemies and they will never come out of the present worst situations.(Agencies)
- Watch | Government Of India Decided Not To Extend Ceasefire In Kashmir
- Watch | Two More Militants Killed In Ongoing Bandipora Operation
- Updated | Army Solider Abducted By Suspected Militants In Pulwama
- Forces Naka Party Attacked In Pulwama
- 4.0 Magnitude Earthquake Jolts Parts Of Kashmir Valley, Epicentre In Uttarkashi Region
- Two Militants, Army Soldier Killed In Ongoing Bandipora Operation: Army