SVC directs for personal appearance of MD JAKFED
Srinagar: State Vigilance Commission has directed personal appearance of Managing Director JAKFED before the Commission on the next date of hearing in a case of embezzlement and misappropriation of the government money by alleged falsifying of records and wrong entries in account books.
Earlier, the State Vigilance Commission while proceeding on the complaint against Management of JAKFED regarding embezzlement running into crores and other misdeeds allegedly committed called for response from MD JAKFED on each of the allegations.
Despite numerous reminders, the MD JAKFED neither submitted the factual rort nor did he bother to appear personally as was ordered by the Commission, instead counsel for JAKFED sought adjournments of the case a number of times on one or the other pretext, thereby trying to block the proceedings against those responsible for causing huge loss to the State Exchequer.
The Commission while taking serious note of such a lackadaisical approach adopted by the said MD in this significant matter, inter-alia observed that these circumstances prima-facie reveal that MD JAKFED is interested in shielding corrupt officials.
The Commission has directed the said MD to appear before the Commission on the next date of hearing alongwith the requisite report, failing which necessary action will be initiated under law against him besides, departmental action. (KNS)
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
Protests and clashes erupted against the death of two militants on Friday after a gun battle erupted in Tangmarg area of North Kashmir’s Baramulla dis...
Srinagar: Service Selection Board Saturday said that it has postponed all the exams for different jobs scheduled for Sunday. ...
JAMMU: Governor N. N. Vohra has called for further enlarging and strengthening the Scouts and Guides movement in the State and its introduction in ...