SVC directs for personal appearance of MD JAKFED
Srinagar: State Vigilance Commission has directed personal appearance of Managing Director JAKFED before the Commission on the next date of hearing in a case of embezzlement and misappropriation of the government money by alleged falsifying of records and wrong entries in account books.
Earlier, the State Vigilance Commission while proceeding on the complaint against Management of JAKFED regarding embezzlement running into crores and other misdeeds allegedly committed called for response from MD JAKFED on each of the allegations.
Despite numerous reminders, the MD JAKFED neither submitted the factual rort nor did he bother to appear personally as was ordered by the Commission, instead counsel for JAKFED sought adjournments of the case a number of times on one or the other pretext, thereby trying to block the proceedings against those responsible for causing huge loss to the State Exchequer.
The Commission while taking serious note of such a lackadaisical approach adopted by the said MD in this significant matter, inter-alia observed that these circumstances prima-facie reveal that MD JAKFED is interested in shielding corrupt officials.
The Commission has directed the said MD to appear before the Commission on the next date of hearing alongwith the requisite report, failing which necessary action will be initiated under law against him besides, departmental action. (KNS)
- Kathua Rape and Murder : Kathua Students Rallied Against Communal Forces
- Unidentified Persons Snatch Service Rifle Of Bank Guard In Shopian
- Protests Seeking Justice For Kathua Girl Turn Violent In Anantnag, Seven Injured
- Body Of 28-Year-Old Man Recovered Under Mysterious Conditions In Poonch
- SPO Among Two Injured As Suspected Militants Open Fire In Shopian
- Army Officer Injured In Accidental Fire At Kupwara
- Army Porter Killed In Uri Cross-Border Shelling
- BJP Confirms Resignation Of Ganga, Lal Singh
Islamabad: Pakistan has warned India with reprisals if New Delhi breaches the World Bank-sponsored Indus Waters Treaty, the media reported on Tuesday....
In the first case of deposition via video link from foreign land, Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley today told a court here about ...
A police officer said adequate security arrangements were put in place to thwart any designs of militants to disrupt the function. Amid tig...