He was speaking at a meeting con¬vened to review the sanitation works being undertaken in Srinagar and major towns of Kashmir. Officials of LAWDA, Rural bodies, Srinagar Mu¬nicipal Corporation, UEED, NBCC and others attended the meeting.
The meeting was informed that work is underway to tackle solid and liquid waste on scientific lines. Dr. Samoon said that Kashmir is known for its pristine environment and every effort should be made to preserve it. He said that government is committed to connect all house¬holds in Srinagar to Sewerage Treat¬ment Plants (STP). He directed the concerned officials to expedite work on other STPs including the one proposed at Alochibagh. He asked the officials to tackle the draining of sewerage into Nigeen Lake to preserve its purity.
The meeting was informed that with Rs 42 crores more coming to Nation¬al Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC), around 50000 households in Srinagar would be connected to STP soon. (Agencies)
- Kathua Rape and Murder : Kathua Students Rallied Against Communal Forces
- Unidentified Persons Snatch Service Rifle Of Bank Guard In Shopian
- Protests Seeking Justice For Kathua Girl Turn Violent In Anantnag, Seven Injured
- Body Of 28-Year-Old Man Recovered Under Mysterious Conditions In Poonch
- SPO Among Two Injured As Suspected Militants Open Fire In Shopian
- Army Officer Injured In Accidental Fire At Kupwara
- Army Porter Killed In Uri Cross-Border Shelling
- BJP Confirms Resignation Of Ganga, Lal Singh
Chris Gayle. Virat Kohli. Dwayne Bravo. MS Dhoni. The Wankhede stadium will be screening an ensemble-driven action movie as much it hosts a cricket ma...
File Photo New Delhi: Indian Banks' Association on Friday said that all banks will serve only their respective customers tomorrow and will not exch...
File Photo: Xuhaib Maqbool) “Detention must be carried out under procedures established by the law, children must not be kept in the same facility as...