Chill in Kashmir, Rain Likely on Three Days From December 9
Srinagar witnessed a chilly Tuesday morning as a feeble winter sun struggled to break through the clouds. The weather office forecast rain at some places in Jammu and Kashmir for three days from Wednesday evening onwards.
"We are expecting a mainly dry weather; however, there may be isolated rain at some places in in Jammu and Kashmir during the next 24 hours," an official of the local Met office told IANS here.
The minimum temperature dropped below the freezing point at many places in the state, with Leh town in Ladakh region recording a lowest of minus 5.6 degrees Celcius on Tuesday. Mercury in Kargil town in the region plummeted to minus 5.2 degrees.
Gulmarg and Pahalgam tourist resorts in the valley recorded minimum of minus 3 degrees and 0.4 degrees respectively on Tuesday.
"It will be a partly cloudy day ahead in Srinagar, with maximum temperature likely to hover around 14 degrees," the official said.
The overnight minimum temperature in Srinagar city was 1.6 degrees.
"Wet conditions are likely to last for three days with fairly widespread rains, mainly in the Kashmir valley, on December 11 (Friday)", the weather office said.
The overnight minimum temperature in Jammu city was 11.4 degrees.
In Jammu province, the minimum temperature was 10.4 degrees in Katra town, 1.8 degrees in Banihal, 7.3 degrees in Batote and 4.4 degrees in Bhaderwah town, the weather official said.(Agencies)
Newer PostHeart of Asia Meeting Starts in Islamabad
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation