Chill in Kashmir, Rain Likely on Three Days From December 9
Srinagar witnessed a chilly Tuesday morning as a feeble winter sun struggled to break through the clouds. The weather office forecast rain at some places in Jammu and Kashmir for three days from Wednesday evening onwards.
"We are expecting a mainly dry weather; however, there may be isolated rain at some places in in Jammu and Kashmir during the next 24 hours," an official of the local Met office told IANS here.
The minimum temperature dropped below the freezing point at many places in the state, with Leh town in Ladakh region recording a lowest of minus 5.6 degrees Celcius on Tuesday. Mercury in Kargil town in the region plummeted to minus 5.2 degrees.
Gulmarg and Pahalgam tourist resorts in the valley recorded minimum of minus 3 degrees and 0.4 degrees respectively on Tuesday.
"It will be a partly cloudy day ahead in Srinagar, with maximum temperature likely to hover around 14 degrees," the official said.
The overnight minimum temperature in Srinagar city was 1.6 degrees.
"Wet conditions are likely to last for three days with fairly widespread rains, mainly in the Kashmir valley, on December 11 (Friday)", the weather office said.
The overnight minimum temperature in Jammu city was 11.4 degrees.
In Jammu province, the minimum temperature was 10.4 degrees in Katra town, 1.8 degrees in Banihal, 7.3 degrees in Batote and 4.4 degrees in Bhaderwah town, the weather official said.(Agencies)
Newer PostHeart of Asia Meeting Starts in Islamabad
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
Srinagar: Bhartiya Janata Party Friday said the Government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi will carry forward the holistic process of peace and...
The global threat emanating from Islamic State (IS) remains high, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has said in a report. The continued military pre...
Jammu:Provincial President National Conference Jammu Devender Singh Rana Sunday expressed concern over jingoistic new-found aggressive RSS activiti...