Alirajpur (MP): Two 'chadars' placed at separate 'dargahs' (mausoleums) were today found burnt in the town here, which is part of the Ratlam Lok Sabha constituency that is up for bypolls on November 21.
"We have registered a case against unidentified persons under Section 435 (mischief by fire) of IPC and started an investigation," district SP Kumar Saurabh told PTI, adding that the guilty will not be spared.
The chadars were found burnt at two dargahs — one known as Chakki-wale-Baba and the other, Jhari-wale-Baba, near Patel Public School on the Khandwa-Baroda state highway.
The two dargahs are popular places of worship and both Muslims and Hindus offer prayers at them.
The SP said that the case in this regard has been registered at the city kotwali police station.(Agencies)
- Watch | Government Of India Decided Not To Extend Ceasefire In Kashmir
- Watch | Two More Militants Killed In Ongoing Bandipora Operation
- Updated | Army Solider Abducted By Suspected Militants In Pulwama
- Forces Naka Party Attacked In Pulwama
- 4.0 Magnitude Earthquake Jolts Parts Of Kashmir Valley, Epicentre In Uttarkashi Region
- Two Militants, Army Soldier Killed In Ongoing Bandipora Operation: Army