Cabinet Approves Raising Of 17 IR Battalions By J&K And LWE States
The Union Cabinet Wednesday approved the raising of 17 India Reserve Battalions (IR Bns) by Jammu & Kashmir and Left-wing extremism (LWE)-affected States.
They include five IR Bns in Jammu & Kashmir, four in Chhattisgarh, three in Jharkhand four IR Bns in Chhattisgarh, three IR Bns in Jharkhand, three IR Bns in Odisha and two IR Bns in Maharashtra.
An official press release said local youths will be recruited for the battalions and States will relax the age and educational criteria, if required.
In respect of the five IR Bns to be raised by J&K, 60% of the vacancies will be filled from the border districts of the state for the posts of constables and class IV. (Agencies)
Newer Post45 Indian Fishermen Held In Pakistan
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, Deputy Speaker, Nazir Ahmad Khan (Gurezi) on Saturday directed the government to act tough ...
Srinagar: Suspected Gunmen shot dead a 55 year old Woman Beeba Begum Wife of Mohammad Yousuf Mattoo resident of Batapora in district Pulwama just now....
‘Award recognition of selfless sacrifices of people of Kashmir’ Srinagar: Thanking the Royal Islamic Strategic S...