Cabinet Approves Raising Of 17 IR Battalions By J&K And LWE States
The Union Cabinet Wednesday approved the raising of 17 India Reserve Battalions (IR Bns) by Jammu & Kashmir and Left-wing extremism (LWE)-affected States.
They include five IR Bns in Jammu & Kashmir, four in Chhattisgarh, three in Jharkhand four IR Bns in Chhattisgarh, three IR Bns in Jharkhand, three IR Bns in Odisha and two IR Bns in Maharashtra.
An official press release said local youths will be recruited for the battalions and States will relax the age and educational criteria, if required.
In respect of the five IR Bns to be raised by J&K, 60% of the vacancies will be filled from the border districts of the state for the posts of constables and class IV. (Agencies)
Newer Post45 Indian Fishermen Held In Pakistan
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation