Muzaffer Wani, the father of slain Hizbul Mujahidin Commander, Burhan Muzaffer Wani today denied that he has led any pro freedom protests rally during last week in south Kashmir. Wani said that he was wrongly reported by the media that I have been leading any pro freedom protests rally last week.
“I am simply father of Burhan Muzaffar Wani. I have nothing to do with separatists protest calendars and I didn’t lead any rally,” he told The Legitimate.
He said that ever since Burhan was killed in gunfight with security forces on July 8, he had moved out of home only twice till Eidgah to offer his Nimza-e-Jinaza in absentia apart from participating in his funeral procession on the day when he was killed.
“Since then I am confined to my home. The largest distance I cover is the nearby mosque at some 20 metres away five times a day to offer prayers,” he added.
Wani said that he was shocked to see the “concocted” reports published in some national newspapers followed by the intense debates on news channels about my participation in pro freedom march last week. Some New Delhi based newspapers reported that Wani led the massive pro freedom rally in south Kashmir last week and offered the sacrifice of his daughter after the killing of two sons.
Wani sought legal action against the news channel and newspapers for misleading the people of Kashmir.