Budgam Beat Drums, Protest In Kangan Against NFSA
Scores of people on Friday beat drums in Khansahab area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district to what they said “make their cries heard” against the food security act.
The protesters staged a demonstration outside the Tehsildar and SDM’s office at Khansahab to demand the rollback of the National Food Security Act (NFSA) which was implemented in the state this week.
Likewise in Ganderbal amid the claims and assurances from government that National Food Security Act (NFSA) would benefit public at large, hundreds of people here in Kangan on Friday staged protest demonstration demanding its revocation.
The protesters were chanting slogans like ‘rollback NFSA’ amid beating of drums.
Namberdar Zogu said that people in Khansahab don't have much paddy land holdings and it was not possible for them to manage according to the new ration scheme.
“Ration must be distributed as per old policy only, which guaranteed 35 kilos of rice to every family,” demanded the protesters.
Similar protests were held in Khag area of the district as well.
After a meeting with the district administration, the residents gathered outside the offices of the BDO and the Tehsildar.
Amid slogans against the act, the protesters marched to Bus Stand Khag where traffic was halted for hours.
Same as in Ganderbal hundreds of people from various areas after Friday prayers assembled at main Chowk Kangan in Ganderbal district and held a massive protest demonstration against the NFSA implementation, demanding its roll back.(Agencies)
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Shopian Killings
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
Srinagar: Incarcerated JKLF chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik has strongly condemned the cold blooded murder of innocent Gowher Ahmad of Zainakot ...
Irfan Raina Ganderbal: Police have busted a gang of burglars in Ganderbal recovering stolen golden ornaments worth lacs of rupees. ...