Baramulla: A load carrier Vehicle bearing registration number JKO5 E-3127 loaded with Ilicit Firewood was seized by Territorial forest forces near Gingal Bridge, URI.
According to KNS correspondent, the vehicle was seized on the spot and the driver as well as the accomplice was arrested on the spot. The arrested thieves have been identified as Naseem Khan S/o Mohammad Sadiq Khan resident of Dwara, Uri and Ayaz Ahmad Abbasi S/o Ab Qayoom Abbasi resident of Tathamulla, Uri.
Arrested thieves are being interrogated by the forest officials. DFO Baramulla Irfan Ali Shah (IFS) has congratulated the forest force on this successful operation. Pertinent to mention DFO Baramulla has formed special night patrolling squads and intensified nakas on strategic locations and night patrolling in sensitive forest areas of Baramulla.
This is the fourth major strike by the DFO Baramulla and his team in the last one week against forest offenders during which they evicted 300 Kanals of encroached forest land in Kitchama forests, seized three vehicles, arrested seven notorious thieves and lodged cases against them.
DFO Baramulla Irfan Ali Shah (IFS) has warned the forest offenders and encroachers of strict action if they do not stop damaging forests. People of Baramulla are hailing the courageous efforts of DFO Baramulla and his team in saving forests. (KNS)
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
A medical team belonging to the banned Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) has applied for a visa at the Indian High Commission Pakistan to visit Kashmir, reports sa...
Jutice TS Thakur's tenure as Chief Justice of India would be for a little over one year and would retire on January 4, 2017. Soon afte...
The Supreme Court on Tuesday stayed contempt proceedings against SSP Srinagar and IGP Kashmir for not registering an FIR against a DSP after the order...