Srinagar: Three days before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rally in Srinagar, police Wednesday detained independent legislator from Langate Er Rashid as he had announced to hold a protest during the rally.
Sources told KNS that Rashid was stopped by police and detained at Wattergam in Baramulla district when he was on way to Srinagar from Kupwara.
“Rashid was on way to Srinagar from Kupwara when a large posse of police stopped his vehicle and arrested him. He has been lodged in Wattergam police station,” sources told KNS.
Rashid had announced to hold protests by raising black flags on the day when Modi was scheduled to address a rally on November 7 at SK cricket stadium here.
Meanwhile, police said that the independent MLA was only stopped when he was on way to Srinagar. (KNS)
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation