Srinagar: Three days before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rally in Srinagar, police Wednesday detained independent legislator from Langate Er Rashid as he had announced to hold a protest during the rally.
Sources told KNS that Rashid was stopped by police and detained at Wattergam in Baramulla district when he was on way to Srinagar from Kupwara.
“Rashid was on way to Srinagar from Kupwara when a large posse of police stopped his vehicle and arrested him. He has been lodged in Wattergam police station,” sources told KNS.
Rashid had announced to hold protests by raising black flags on the day when Modi was scheduled to address a rally on November 7 at SK cricket stadium here.
Meanwhile, police said that the independent MLA was only stopped when he was on way to Srinagar. (KNS)
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
China has decided to end its decades-long one-child policy, the state-run Xinhua news agency reports. Couples will now be allowed to have t...
Srinagar: Hurriyat (M) chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq Tuesday expressed condolences with the prominent resistance leader and Jammu Kashmir Liberation...
Militant organization Lashkar-e-Toyyiba (LeT) on Tuesday sought permission from pro-freedom leadership of Jammu Kashmir to “eliminate Indian agents” i...