600-700 Rebels Being Trained in Pakistani Kashmir: Army
About 600-700 guerrillas are being trained in militant camps in Pakistan-adminstered Kashmir, a senior army officer said on Thursday.
Lt Gen R.R. Nimbhorkar, General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the army's White Knight Corps, said the training camps were functional in Pakistani Kashmir.
He quoted captured Pakistani militant Muhammad Naved as saying that 35-36 militant training camps were "intact in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir".
Gen Nimbhorkar was speaking to the media on the flanks of an ex-servicemen rally in village Rakhmuthi in Akhnoor area of Jammu district.
He said as per intelligence reports, 600-700 militants were getting arms training in these camps.
On the presence of the Islamic State in Jammu and Kashmir, he said: "There are no signs of such an outfit in the region. But if any (group) – whether ISIS, LeT or Hizb – attack, our task is to counter them."(Agencies)
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation