600-700 Rebels Being Trained in Pakistani Kashmir: Army
About 600-700 guerrillas are being trained in militant camps in Pakistan-adminstered Kashmir, a senior army officer said on Thursday.
Lt Gen R.R. Nimbhorkar, General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the army's White Knight Corps, said the training camps were functional in Pakistani Kashmir.
He quoted captured Pakistani militant Muhammad Naved as saying that 35-36 militant training camps were "intact in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir".
Gen Nimbhorkar was speaking to the media on the flanks of an ex-servicemen rally in village Rakhmuthi in Akhnoor area of Jammu district.
He said as per intelligence reports, 600-700 militants were getting arms training in these camps.
On the presence of the Islamic State in Jammu and Kashmir, he said: "There are no signs of such an outfit in the region. But if any (group) – whether ISIS, LeT or Hizb – attack, our task is to counter them."(Agencies)
- We Will Hit Roads If Passport Office Is Shifted From Baramulla: Congress
- Mir Iqbal Condemns Hindu Ikta Manch Rally In Kathua
- Fazili Condemns Assault On Kashmiri Students
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
'JK's division main game of Sangh' Srinagar: CPI (M) leader and MLA Kulgam Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami appealed people of the s...
“We have allowed vehicles, particularly those carrying passenger, to leave Jammu and Srinagar this morning,” Traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu highway wh...