Buenos Aires: A 29-year-old woman in Argentina became a grandmother after her 14-year-old son became a father, the media reported.
Lucia Desiree Pastenez, a resident of San Rafael city in Argentina's Mendoza state, described her young son as an upstanding father, Xinhua reported on Friday.
"He continues to go to secondary school… he takes care of his son as he has family values," Pastenez was quoted as saying.
"There are older fathers that do not take responsibility and abandon their babies."
The mother of four said she does not interfere in her son's relationship with the mother of his child.
"I did not force them to get married or to stay together. The mother of my grandchild lives with her family and he lives with me."
"We won't stop supporting him, because we know how hard it is to go through this experience in adolescence," said Pastenez, who said she had advised her son not to become a teenage father.(Agencies)
Older PostMan Kills fiancee, surrenders
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation