2 Drug Peddlers, 8 Gamblers Arrested In Srinagar: Police
Srinagar police arrested two drug peddlers and eight gamblers in Sub Division Khanyar, a statement said on Friday.
The statement said that Contraband drugs along with cash Rs.3,42,825 was recovered from their possession.
Police parties from Sub Division Khanyar headed by SDPO Khanyar Mir Ajaz apprehended 2 drug peddlers Shabir Bangroo and Rafiq Sheikh. 500 grams of Charas, 50 grams of Heroin, 32 mobile sets and Rs.3,20,000 was recovered from their possession, police said.
8 gamblers identified as Gulzar Ganaie, Tanveer Dar, Farooq Dar, Ajaz Sheikh, Tariq Sofi, Mehraj Beigh, Javed Mir and Mohammad Shafi Sheikh were also arrested in another raid. Stake money of Rs.22,825 was recovered from their possession.
Case FIR numbers 7/2016, 09/2016, 18/2016 under section 8/20, 8/21 and 7/21 NDPS was registered against the drug peddlers while 17 /2016, 20/2016 under section 13 gambling act was registered against the gamblers.(Agencies)
- Kathua Rape and Murder : Kathua Students Rallied Against Communal Forces
- Unidentified Persons Snatch Service Rifle Of Bank Guard In Shopian
- Protests Seeking Justice For Kathua Girl Turn Violent In Anantnag, Seven Injured
- Body Of 28-Year-Old Man Recovered Under Mysterious Conditions In Poonch
- SPO Among Two Injured As Suspected Militants Open Fire In Shopian
- Army Officer Injured In Accidental Fire At Kupwara
- Army Porter Killed In Uri Cross-Border Shelling
- BJP Confirms Resignation Of Ganga, Lal Singh
The arrest of a Kashmiri man for sedition for sharing 'anti-India' posts on Facebook is an “absurd use of an archaic law to curb freedom of expression...
Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has asked if the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would ask Mehbooba Mufti to chant ‘Bharat Mata Ki ...
Srinagar: AIP Supremo and MLA Langate Er Rasheed Friday visited Safdarjung Hospital New-Delhi along with the relatives of the victims of Udhampur a...