2 Drug Peddlers, 8 Gamblers Arrested In Srinagar: Police
Srinagar police arrested two drug peddlers and eight gamblers in Sub Division Khanyar, a statement said on Friday.
The statement said that Contraband drugs along with cash Rs.3,42,825 was recovered from their possession.
Police parties from Sub Division Khanyar headed by SDPO Khanyar Mir Ajaz apprehended 2 drug peddlers Shabir Bangroo and Rafiq Sheikh. 500 grams of Charas, 50 grams of Heroin, 32 mobile sets and Rs.3,20,000 was recovered from their possession, police said.
8 gamblers identified as Gulzar Ganaie, Tanveer Dar, Farooq Dar, Ajaz Sheikh, Tariq Sofi, Mehraj Beigh, Javed Mir and Mohammad Shafi Sheikh were also arrested in another raid. Stake money of Rs.22,825 was recovered from their possession.
Case FIR numbers 7/2016, 09/2016, 18/2016 under section 8/20, 8/21 and 7/21 NDPS was registered against the drug peddlers while 17 /2016, 20/2016 under section 13 gambling act was registered against the gamblers.(Agencies)
- Peace Is Imperative For Development: Fazili
- 6 Killed And 19 Injured As Bus Falls Into Deep Gorge In Udhampur
- Sarfaraz Should Not Make An Excuse of “Tough Conditions” For Defeat Against New Zealand
- 70 Homeless People Dead Due To Intense Cold Wave In UP
- RS Chairman Venkaiah Naidu Sends Privilege Notice To Lok Sabha Against Rahul Gandhi
- Pandit Ulhas Bapat, Santoor Maestro And Close Associate Of RD Burman, Dies At 67
- Rajnikanth And Kamal Hassan To Share Dias In Malaysia
- Russia Accuses US Of ‘Interfering’ In Iran
In Islam the charity towards needy has a great reward, Sumaira Hamid sums up in the light of Quran the reward it offers to human beings. Se...
In the fourth attack since 2007, heavily-armed terrorists, including suicide bombers, today struck the Indian Consulate in Afghanistan's Jalala...