12 Terror Suspects Remanded In NIA Custody Till Feb 5
Twelve suspects, arrested from across the country for their alleged links with terror group ISIS, were Monday remanded in NIA custody till February 5 by a special court in New Delhi.
The accused, who had their faces muffled, were produced amidst tight security before District Judge Amar Nath during an in-camera proceeding.
According to the court sources, National Investigation Agency (NIA) sought their custodial interrogation saying that they were required to be quizzed to unearth the conspiracy of ISIS to spread its reach in India.
The sources said that the probe agency informed the court that the accused were arrested for allegedly planning to carry out attacks ahead of the Republic Day.
The 12 accused produced before the court were Abdul Ahad, Imran, Mohd Afzal, Mohd Sharif, Mubabiir Mushtaq Sheikh, Mohd Alim, Syed Mujahid, Suhail Ahmed, Asif Ali, Njmul Huda, Mohd Obaidullah Khan and Mohd Hussain Khan, the sources said. (Agencies)
Newer PostMan Dies, 4 Structures Damaged In Fire
- Live: PM Modi arrives in Srinagar
- North Kashmir Encounter: One More Militant Body Recovered; Death Toll 4
- Former Soldier Injured On May 5 In A Scuffle In Poonch, Succumbed At Military Hospital
- Grenade Lobbed on Forces In South Kashmir’s Pulwama
- LIVE: PM Modi Speaks At Inauguration Of Zojila Tunnel
- North Kashmir Encounter: Three Militant Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing Operation